Friday, August 15, 2008

Recipe Fun Friday

I'm joining in the Recipe Fun! Owen is grilling chicken for dinner, so I decided to try a recipe I saw on Food Network for Oven Fries.


I didn't follow the recipe to the letter, but I almost never do. Instead of Russet potatoes, I used the potatoes from my Poppa's garden, and I didn't add the cheese....we don't need the extra calories. Instead, I added garlic powder when I added the salt. What made this recipe unique from the others I have tried is that he suggests preheating your baking pan so that the potatoes will crisp up.

Here are my cuties enjoying their dinner!


Head on over to Nikki's site and add your new recipe from this week!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Dayna, your link doesn't work. Did you copy your link into Mr. Linky?

Your potatoes look good. I need a good recipe for making my own fries.

Angela said...

I'm definitely going to make these! they are so easy and you know I'm all about making recipes that are easy! :) The boys are so cute!!!

MyKidsMom said...

Oven fries are SO good; you just can't go back to the yucky fast-food kind after eating them (at least I can't:).

I'll have to try preheating the pan, I usually just broil a few minutes at the end.