Friday, November 7, 2008

Recipe Fun Friday

This week I was really hungry for some pumpkin pie but I didn't want to take the time to make a pie crust. My favorite part of the pie is the filling anyway, so I searched for a recipe for pumpkin custard all over the internet. It took a while before I found one that I already had all the ingredients, and I found this one. The only thing I did differently was use regular sugar instead of one of her sweetner options. I thought a whole cup would be too much, so I used about 3/4 of a cup instead.

It turned out okay. Pie would have been better for sure, but it did satisfy the craving....for a while anyway. I'm sure that in a few days I'll be wanting some of the real thing again.

If you want to participate in Recipe Fun Friday, it's quite simple. Just head type out or post a link to a new recipe that you've tried this week and then head over to Nikki's blog to link up!

4 comments:

Nikki said...

You're not pregnant, are you, with your cravings? It's funny how the fall makes one want to eat pumpkin.

Rick said...

Hello Dayna with the very important Y.

Thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, you are free to print and display any of my "Copy & Share" doodles. Tell all your friends about my blog. My poor ego needs the attention.

I scrolled down and enjoy your pics. No reason that I can see why you should hate photos of yourself.

Stay Tooned!

Rick

TheSpiff.com said...

three things:
1. thanks for the comment:) i'm not writing anywhere else just yet but i do plan to write books after i graduate and encouragement like that goes a long way :)
2. your site is beautiful! i love the background!!!
3. looking at the pictures of your son i see that he has inherited the enviably/ridiculously long murphy eye lashes :) make sure he appreciates those bad boys haha

Nikki said...

Merry Christmas, Dayna, to you and your family! I can't wait to see you tomorrow! What fun!!