Wednesday, May 21, 2008

HELP PLEASE!!!

I have a lot of important birthdays coming up.....my sister, my grandmother and my best friend all have birthdays within 3 weeks of each other......and I am dead broke! I need creative and meaningful gift ideas, PLEASE! (Angela, don't read any of my comments!!!!) I should not have waited until the last minute, but it all kind of sneaked up on me. The first of these birthdays is this weekend.....party is FRIDAY...two days hence. I know that it's not the gift the matters it's the thought behind it, but the problem is, I have NO THOUGHTS OF WHAT TO GIVE!!!!

If you read my blog but have never left a comment, now would be the time to let your voice be heard!!!!

Thanks guys!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe a pretty picture that each of your little ones have drawn and colored and put in a $1 store frame, or even without the frame she could put it on her refrigerator.

A cutting from your flowers or a plant in your beautiful yard put in a pot or a cup you already have.

An IOU promise to wash and clean the inside and out of her car.

Just a few ideas. :)

Florida Girl said...

Well, you know what service I can offer and am willing ASAP. I am better than cheap--I am free. Call me when you are ready--even if you're ready tomorrow.

I may also bring you other ideas to church tonight. :)

Florida Girl said...

Just had another thought of something I received one time that I thought was so cool.

I received a basket or whatever you may have (could be a cheap flower pot they could use later) and it was filled with almost everything I needed to have an Italian meal. I remember that they had put noodles in a Ziploc and tied ribbons to fancy it up, there was a jar of sauce, a can of diced tomatoes and I believe they had put a loaf of garlic bread like you get in the bakery or a french bread. I loved it and made it the next night and just added meat I had in my freezer. I have also had all the ingredients for cookies given this way. Just another thought for items you may already own . . . especially since Owen bought all those items for when ya'll were gonna be stranded in the bomb shelter for a hundred years. hahahaha (maybe you could incorporate 5 pounds of rice in your basket lol)

CaribJag said...

Dayna,

What's more valuable than a prayer? Stop sweating it and don't get them anything. Failure to get a gift is not an indication of a lack of love.

I mean, I got over it when you didn't give ME a present...lol. Seriously, though, warm wishes and a friendly ear are worth more than any trinket you can bestow.

With words that probably won't help,

Sherman :-)

daynagonzalez said...

Thanks for the ideas guys. And Sherman, how long have you been stalking my blog?!?!