Monday, May 19, 2008

How cool is this?

This morning I went out to the Suburban to get something I'd left after church last night, and almost walked into this.....





In the past, I would have turned and run screaming to the house, but lately, I've been viewing things in light of the fact that I am the mother of BOYS. Instead of running screaming to the house, I ran to the house saying, "Boys, come look what I found!!"

We drove the Suburban last night to church, so the spider must have built his web during the night. I showed it to Owen and Tyson and pointed out how awesome it is that God made a creature that could make this! The main web was about 18 inches in diameter, but it also had a web underneath it that looked like a failed attempt. I wonder how long it took him from start to finish.

It amazes me to think that the God who created the universe also created creatures that can do this. He is also the same God who loves us and says in His Word things like "I will instruct you and teach you in the ways that you should go," and "I will guide you with My eye and with My right hand, I will hold you up."

"When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained;
What is man that You take thought of him,
And the son of man that You care for him?
Yet You have made him a little lower than God,
And You crown him with glory and majesty!
You make him to rule over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet...
O LORD, our Lord,
How majestic is Your name in all the earth!"

Psalm 8:3-6, 9 NASB

2 comments:

Angela said...

What I want to know is what you would have done if you'd gotten in the car and then felt that spider crawling up your neck!?!

daynagonzalez said...

Then I probably would have jumped out screaming and running!