Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Newfound Friend

Patsy and I have only known each other for about 2 months, but I feel as if we've been friends all our lives. The first time we spent time together was because a mutual friend "set us up". We were both informed that we needed to be friends with each other. It thought Tammy, (the setter upper) was crazy telling me who to be friends with, but boy was she right!


In the short time I've known her, we two have become kindred spirits. Not too many people would I allow to see my laundry room at it's worst! We've done everything together from grocery shopping to cleaning up frog doo off of the screened-in porch for Owen's birthday party. We had a girls night out for dessert at the Melting pot on a whim this past Monday. Last week we went shopping for her post baby wardrobe....but instead I ended up getting an Easter dress. Every day we get together for something or another saying it's because our homeschooled boys need socialization, but more and more I'm realizing that I need her friendship as much as Owen needs Brenden's.

3 comments:

Angela said...

I'm so glad that you have a friend that lives near you that you can see all the time. I would LOVE to be your very best see-each-other-every-day friend....but I guess that's what we get for growing up and moving out of our parents house. Love you!

daynagonzalez said...

I would love that, too! Every time you come over I wish that, but Patsy really has been such a blessing to me!

Nikki said...

It's good to have friends like that. I've got several, and we like to get together occasionally with our children. I'm trying to start a once a month "girls' night out" for us.