Monday, March 17, 2008

Rabbity Rabbit

When Tyson was 4 months old, his great-grandmother, Mimi, gave him a blue bunny rabbit. It was soft, cuddly and cute with a little pink nose and a white ribbon around it's neck. I put the rabbit in Tyson's crib and handed him to Tyson every once in a while to play with. Little did I know the long history the two of them would have together.

When Tyson was 2, he lost the bunny in a store. We lived in a rural town about 50 miles away from civilization, so our trips to the mall and such were few and far between. We were shopping one day in town and as we were leaving Tyson asked, "Where's bunny?" We retraced our day back to Burke's Outlet where we last saw the bunny, drove all over the parking lot and walked all around the store looking for something blue on the floor or ground. We didn't find him and Tyson was very sad. During this time, my husband was on a mission trip for 2 weeks, so not only did Tyson lose his most precious possession, he couldn't find his Daddy, either (2-year-olds don't understand where Sri Lanka is).

A week later, we had to make a trip back to town, so I took my good friend Michelle. Before we went home, we decided to go one last time and ask if anyone had turned in the bunny to lost and found. On the way there, Michelle prayed out loud for us, "Dear Father in the name of JESUS, we pray that bunny will be FOUND!"

When we got into the store, the only employee we could find didn't know anything about any lost and found. She half-heartedly looked under her register and motioned for us to take a look for ourselves under the other registers, then went back to her paying customers. I was about to leave when Michelle spotted something blue underneath a pile of newspapers. It was the bunny!!! Tyson didn't let that thing out of his sight for a week!

Tyson is now 4 years old, and Rabbity Rabbit (as he was just named about a month ago) is still a very important part of our family. Tyson now talks to Rabbity and pretends the bunny is talking back. Today when he was about to take a nap, Tyson ran and got the bunny off of the couch and told him, "It's okay, precious. I'm here now," and kissed the bunny's head.

6 comments:

Angela said...

hahahahahah!!! "I'm here precious." I laughed so hard! What a cute cute cute little boy!

TheSpiff.com said...

had the comment you left on my blog been left by anyone else (especially of the male gender) i would have considered it creepy, but since it was you, i get it. :) i'm so glad you're blogging now too! cause now i get to know your children, and that i love :)

Dustin said...

Thats insane. Take that child to see some professional help.

Anonymous said...

I love little boys....(might be I'm partial because I had 2 little boys too.)Treasure those memories, these blog spaces are good to save those memories. Oh the stories I could tell on Dustin and Tyler. But you know....I cant wait to learn how special little girls are too...maybe one day, hmmmmm.

Sherry said...

I don't think I like that bunny as good as I use to. I liked him better when he didn't TALK TO HIM!!!

jacob said...

ya I still think that you should give the bunny to the babies in the sky... :)