Thursday, March 20, 2008

Tomorrow is Good Friday, the day that my Lord gave up His life for my sin.


He was pierced because of our transgressions,

crushed because of our iniquities;
punishment for our peace was on Him,
and we are healed by His wounds.

We all went astray like sheep;
we all have turned to our own way;
and the LORD has punished Him
for the iniquity of us all.
Is. 64 : 5-6 HCSB

Lord of glory reigning in His majesty,
Ruling long before the worlds were formed.
Yet when darkness claimed His own,
He stepped from Heaven's throne
To bear a cross and wear a crown of thorns.

Son of God, so willingly He took my place,
Clothed in robes of frail humanity.
Fragile flesh and blood, priceless crimson flood
Offered up for sin at Calvary.

So high the price He paid,
The nails, the cross the grave.
Such pardon He bestowed.
Such grace He showed.
No greater sacrifice, He gave His very life!
So deep the love, so high the price!

Buried like a begger in a borrowed tomb,
Everything for nothing, so it seemed;
But death could never stand against the nail scarred hand,
The power of Heaven's resurrected King!

So deep the love, so high the price!

-Deborah Cruise Bailey




3 comments:

Angela said...

What a beautiful poem! I love the first part that says "When darkness claimed His own, he stepped down from Heaven's throne." It really shows the enormity of what He had to give up.

Nikki said...

Dayna, I haven't forgotten about you. I enjoy reading your blog, and I really meant to call you this week. Since you've been reading my blog, you see how busy I have been. I will try again next week, but I cannot make any promises.

daynagonzalez said...

Nikki, I completely understand. I'll be glad to hear from you whenever you get a chance!