Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Saving my brainpower for another post instead of a fancy title...

I've recently been thinking about all that I do... wife, homeschooling mom, piano teacher, ministry assistant, choir member, orchestra member, T&T records keeper, MOPS mentoring mom, cook, maid, taxi driver, child psychologist, referee...need I go on? Sometimes I get overwhelmed and I wonder what I can cut out....Owen and the boys?....how could you ask such a thing?!.....homeschooling? No, God has made it clear that for now that's what we need to do. Work? Well, we need to eat and so I guess I'll have to do that for a while longer, too....Church?....again, no.

I went through the whole list and asked God what I could just quit doing and you know what He told me? STOP WHINING!

"And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.' Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. "

None of my responsibilities have changed, but from here on out, I want to have a different attitude about them. If I am faithful to do what He has called me to do and if I am doing it for His honor and glory (NOT MY OWN), then He will be faithful to empower me to do it. His grace is sufficient. He didn't say it would be easy, but He did say that He will use this to make me more like His Son for His glory. And isn't that the point? To glorify God.....

4 comments:

Patti said...

Preach on, Sister! My toes are screaming. :-)
BTW, good job juggling all those hats. Love ya!

Nikki said...

I'm impressed with all that you accomplish. I know you can only do it with God's help.

TheSpiff.com said...

yay! i love the picutre posts that you and angela have done :) and this post was so encouraging. not only in that my list of responsibilities can bow down to yours haha but the scripture and everything. that's so true and so good.

Erin said...

Yeah, it really humbles you when you hear God tell you something like "stop whining." I have definitely heard similar things from God and I feel like I should just lower my head and say, "Yes, Sir. I'll do better Sir."