Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Which voice will I listen to?

I was praying this morning that I would have the faith that I need to get done what needs to be done. I prayed like the man who needed Jesus to heal his son, "Lord, I do believe. Help my unbelief!" Then the words to the chorus of this song popped into my head. It's one of my favorite Casting Crowns songs and if you've never heard it, click here.

Oh what I would do to have the kind of faith it takes to climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves.
To step out of my comfort zone into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is
And He's holding out His hand.
But the waves are calling out my name and they laugh at me,
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed.

The waves they keep on telling me time and time again, "Boy, you'll never win! You'll never win!"

Chorus:
But the voice of truth tells me a different story.
The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid."
The voice of truth says, "This is for My glory."
Out of all the voices calling out to me,
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth.

Oh what I would do to have the kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a sling and a stone.
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand.
But the giant's calling out my name and he laughs at me,
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed.
The giant keeps on telling me time and time again,
"Boy, you'll never win! You'll never win!"

But the stone was just the right size to put the giant on the ground,
And the waves they don't seem so high from on the top of them looking down.
I will soar with the wings of eagles when I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
Singing over me!

I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth.


I don't know why it is so hard for me to believe the Lord sometimes. I've seen His hand working in my life; I know that I am His and that He has called me. Why do I ever doubt? I have every resource needed at my disposal through the power of Christ and His death and resurrection.

2 comments:

Florida Girl said...

That is one of my favorite songs and I need to hear that message quite often.

Patti said...

Amen, Sister!
Yes I like that one too! It's a good reminder.
Do you like Audio Adrenaline's Get Down?
"This valley is so deep
I can barely see the sun
I cry out for mercy, Lord
And You lift me up again.

I get down, He lifts me up! x 6
Everytime I'm down the Lord lifts me up"