Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's 1:17 AM.....

When I'm worried and I can't sleep
I count my blessings instead of sheep
And I fall asleep counting my blessings
When my bankroll is getting small
I think of when I had none at all
And I fall asleep counting my blessings

I think about a nursery and I picture curly heads
And one by one I count them as they slumber in their beds
If you're worried and you can't sleep
Just count your blessings instead of sheep
And you'll fall asleep counting your blessings


Fifty points to whoever can name this song, another 30 to whoever can name who sings it, and 20 more if you can name what movie it's from....and no cheating by googling!! :o) Angela....it would kind of be unfair for you to play....can you not tell everyone the answers until they've had a chance to guess? If you know who wrote it without googling, you can win. :o)

Tonight I'm trying something new to help me fall asleep...hot chocolate made with milk. When I drink it before bed, I usually fall asleep in my recliner. Warm milk makes me sleepy. So between that and counting my blessings, hopefully I'll be asleep before it's time to wake up.





4 comments:

Nikki said...

I have absolutely no idea, although I think I have heard it before.

Angela said...

Uh...I was totally about to answer every one of those questions. I guess I won't ;) This is one of my favorite movies, though, and I just watched it last week!

Mrs. G said...

I agree totally!

Angela said...

Okay since nobody else answered I'm going to ---

Bing Crosby sings this song to Rosemary Clooney in the movie White Christmas. I'm going to have to admit, though, that I'm not sure of the actual title of this song. I think it's Blessings but I wouldn't bet my life on it :)